I have a real treat to share today! My very best friend, Ashley is marrying her “Lovey” (real name: Juan) this summer at an ocean-view resort in Italy. (Go ahead, I can handle your jealousy.) The wedding is in July and so she decided that we should send out “Save the Dates” – a very wise woman.
Since the wedding is abroad, Ashley really wanted to create something that was a nod to travelling. We had such a blast creating these adorable little “luggage tags” to send out. I love them because they are not overly travel-themed but are just enough to provide some intrigue. (They also cost less than $0.75 each!)
To make your very own, you’ll need the following:
1. An old map (we bought this one)
2. Mini doilies (you can find them in the cake/baking supply section of your local craft store)
3. Luggage/mailing tags (found at an office supply store)
4. Magnets with sticky backing, scissors, glue stick, paper clips, masking tape
5. “Nice” cardstock & matching envelopes (local art store or craft store)
6. Jewel dots (just ‘cause they’re a fun little touch – also from the craft store)
Ok, here’s what you do:
Start with the info that you want to tell your guests. You need to include your names, the date of the wedding, and any other information that might be helpful in their planning – like a website or event details. Print this info on two separate pages, making sure to keep the info within an approximate 2×2 in. space. Cut those up as shown above.
Cut the doilies in half.
Glue the doily to the luggage tag.
Cut up the map into pieces slightly larger than the info pieces.
Line up the place/info/details card with the map and paper clip it to the luggage tag.
Tape the diagonal corners of the names/date card.
Add the magnet to the back of the luggage tag and the jewel to the front.
Perfecto!! (Now you send me pictures of yours – I’d love to see!)